Fiber Supply Policy
An environmentally responsible approach
White Birch Paper understands the environmental, economic and social values of forested lands. We are committed to fulfilling our customers’ needs while supporting responsible stewardship of natural resources. As a result, we have a responsibility to our employees, customers and other stakeholders to ensure that our products contain wood fiber that has been responsibly managed and harvested.
To protect natural resources and long-term biodiversity, White Birch paper has implemented a chain-of-custody process that allows us to trace the fiber we use back to its origins in forests. This process helps ensure that all our fiber supplies come from forests that are managed for sustainability and that they are in compliance with the rules and principles of forest management.
We also implement our best efforts to avoid trading and sourcing:
- illegally harvested wood,
- wood harvested in violation of traditional and civil rights,
- wood harvested in forests where high conservation values are threatened by management activities, and
- wood from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted
- wood that is harvested from forests that are converted to plantation or non-forest use.