Commitment to sustainability and responsible stewardship
We believe that the operation of our production facilities, as well as our forest operations, should reflect responsible stewardship of natural resources and the environment. We also recognize that our operations have a direct impact on the environment, economy and social fabric of the communities in which we operate. In short, we believe that sustainability is not just the right thing to do; it’s one of our corporate values and one that guides how we do business every day.
white birch paper environmental policy & principles
Supported by our employees, management and our board of directors, White Birch Paper has significantly improved performance in mill environmental performance, energy use, sustainable forest management, and health and safety – improvements that continue every year. As part of achieving its environmental objectives, White Birch Paper is committed to the following principles:
- Designing, building and operating its facilities in compliance with industrial best-practice codes and local, regional and national environmental laws and regulations.
- Preventing or minimizing the environmental impact of its operations, limited only by technological or commercial feasibility.
- Managing, protecting and renewing forest resources for the benefit of multiple users by using sustainable development methods.
- Using wood, recycled fibers, energy and water resources in a sustainable and efficient way while promoting recycling and waste reduction.
- Maintaining an environmental management system that includes setting objectives and targets, gathering data, exercising controls and minimizing the company`s impact on the environment.
- Reporting the environmental performance of its facilities to its board of directors on a regular basis.
- Maintaining appropriate communication with its employees in order to keep them informed of the company’s environmental policy, of their responsibilities related to their areas of activity, and to ensure their proper training as it relates to sustainability and environmental responsibility.
- Maintaining appropriate communication with all interested parties, including local authorities, customers, suppliers, citizens, etc.