Sustainable Paper Products: A Chain of Custody Leading Back to the Original Source
White Birch Paper is environmentally proactive when producing their paper and is tuned into their various partners to produce products that meets their standards while being economically viable. For our products using virgin fibers, we favour forests that are managed for sustainability, thus respecting our environmental, social and economic values.
To ensure that all our fibers supplies come from forests that are managed for sustainability and that they are in compliance with the rules and principles of forest management thus protecting the resource and the long-term biodiversity, White Birch paper has implemented fiber chain of custody that allows us to go back to its origin in the forest.
We implement our best efforts to avoid trading and sourcing:
- Illegally harvested wood.
- Wood harvested in violation of traditional & civil rights.
- Wood harvested in forests where high conservation values are threatened by management activities.
- Wood in forests in which genetically modified trees are planted.
Chain of Custody certificates:
- FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®) chain of custody certification for White Birch’s Canadian operations
- PEFC (Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes) chain of custody certification for FF Soucy
- PEFC (Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes) chain of custody certification for Bear Island
We encourage our various external fiber suppliers to adhere to our values and to certify their own chain of custody.