PAPER MACHINE 7th HAND (UTILITY)
The 7th hand position performs all tasks involved in the production of the company’s products. The position follows standard work procedures and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
- Performs work as assigned by department supervisor.
- Makes paper machine rounds.
- Checks gauges and cleans filters.
- Cleans basement and other areas around paper machine.
- Notifies supervisor or machine tender of any mechanical or material issues.
- Operates over head crane.
- Operates skid steer.
- Performs quality test of manufactured paper.
- Assist with winder operation.
- Fills in on wrapper as C Operator.
- Operates slusher machine as needed.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Teamwork oriented.
- Time management.
- Technical capacity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Hot, cold, humid, noisy, industrial environment.
Job requires continuous lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day. Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Expected Hours of Work
12 hour rotating shifts including holidays, weekends, nights and overtime as needed.
No travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous production experience in manufacturing, farming, agriculture, mechanical, or construction environment preferred.