Safety & Training
Health and safety guidelines
As part of our commitment to health and safety, White Birch Paper adheres to the following health and safety guidelines:
- We confirm that our methods and work techniques are safe and followed by all employees
- We inform and train employees adequately on risks associated with their work so that their work can be accomplished safely
- We always take the precaution to identify, control and/or eliminate the risks that could affect the health and safety of our employees
- We require active participation of all our employees in regard to health and safety
- We ensure that established policies are adopted and that employees are equipped to ensure the protection of all
Key tools for health and safety
To help us achieve our commitment to health and safety, our key tools include:
- U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) performance indicators
- the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Canada’s national hazard communication standard, lockout procedures
- health and safety committees
- safety personnel equipment
- internal health and safety audits
Training and development opportunities
White Birch Paper employees are provided with training and development opportunities to promote superior service, proper job performance and professional growth. Training starts on day one: all new employees participate in an extensive orientation program to learn about employment policies, safety policies and work requirements, as well as the company and our culture.
We also encourage continuous learning and support personal growth and career advancement throughout our employees’ time with the company. Our employees produce, refine, protect, deliver and manage our product, so it’s important that continual learning is part of our everyday business.
Leadership training and opportunities
Identifying future leaders and providing leadership training is vital to our success as well as our employees’ success. This is why White Birch Paper provides extensive learning opportunities and tremendous leverage to define one’s role and grow in one’s career. In addition to mandatory training, we also offer our employees more than 200 classes of interest (free of charge) to further their education, if desired.